Vogue 1027 before, so with my accounting system, it means it has a $0 cost for this project. The thread spool was also left over from a previous project, so it too is accounted as free with my system (It actually ran out while sewing the hem, so the bobbin was changed to black to finish the project). Some actual accountants may dispute the validity of my system, choosing instead to average these expenses between projects, but not me, they were counted before, so now they are free.
It's raining right now, this is the best photo of the back I could getI have nothing much to report with this dress. The fabric was a little tricky to work with, but I used my overlocker and walking foot to help with that. I used a mix of lightning bolt and zig-zag stitch set at .5mm wide on my regular machine. The only trouble I encounted was a slight gape in the front bodice as the fabric is so stretchy and my bust is minimal, so I pulled down the wrap points a little to tighten the neckline. While the neck is deep, it doesn't gape even when I'm fully bending down, so I can easily wear this to work without frightening the children :)
A better representation of the fabric coloursIn addition to the low price, the dress was fully knocked together, from fabric purchase to completion within 6 hours and this included two school runs and a grocery shop! Seriously, I am a super mum! lol!
Pattern: Vogue 1027 - used before = free
Fabric: 2.5m poly stretch from Spotlight on sale and with coupon = $5.20
Thread: from stash = free