Third shift dress this season - am I predictable or what? When I love a new style, I tend to make a bunch of the same thing right after each other. For example, my v-neck knit dress moments in February and March this year, which you can see here, here, here, here and here. Or my Thurlow trouser obsession from January 2013, which you can see here, here and here. Now, it's shift dresses! How many more can I make?
I love how easy it is to wear a shift. I don't feel too dressed up, and yet feel totally chic and comfortable. After sewing up two Vogue 1349s (here and here), I thought I'd give another shift pattern a chance.
Dandelion dress was an interesting sew and I am very pleased with the results. I really like the seam lines of this dress and the pattern provides a more fitted shift dress, which I also like. As I used special Tessuti rayon and was worried about being able to 'fit as I sew', I made a muslin, which is rare in these parts of late. The muslin fit well, but I did have to make some mods, so am very glad I made one.
The fabric I used is quite sheer, but rather than underline the dress and add bulk, which isn't nice in hot, muggy Sydney weather, I plan to wear a slip with it.
I wore this today and received a number of compliments, so I definitely think it's a winner.
Pattern: Dandelion Dress by Disparate Disciplines = $10.20
Fabric: 2m Japanese embroidered rayon from Tessuti = $58