Monday, July 7, 2014

New Look 6145 again

I'm not sure I've ever made a pattern as often as I have made New Look 6145.
This time I've used a deep plum ponte purchased at The Fabric Store in Melbourne to make another simple, boxy, but nicely shaped top. I purchased this fabric intending to make a dress, but a top like this will get worn so much more.

I adore this colour. I wish there were more of it in my wardrobe.

To add a little interest I split the hem, dipping the length at the back. I think I look a little pregnant in this photo as I'm touching my tummy, but I assure you I am definitely not! It was only to show you the hem. I didn't know where to put my hands!

I've modified this pattern a little over time, raising the armpit, slimming the sleeves and slightly extending the front darts. I have another version of this pattern to show soon.

Cost:
Pattern: New Look 6145, used before here and here and here = Free
Fabric: 1.2m ponte from The Fabric Store  $26
Thread: $3
Total: $29

12 comments:

  1. Great colour for winter! Nice top. I'm all for repeat makes on something that works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great colour on you and I love that you've multi tasked that pattern so well. Are you sure you don't wanna have another baby? I can see you as the slightly crazed mum of four!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is such a nice color on you! Way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just bought this pattern on your recommendation. I hope mine works out as well! I love the colour and hem detail on this one! Do you omit the zip in these tops?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great colour. Very cute and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour is gorgeous. I see no harm in repeatedly using patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only made this pattern in knit or ponte so have left off the zipper. I've also raised the arm pits and slimmed the arms for this same reason and I think I also sized down. Good luck. I have another dress ready to blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not be 'slightly' crazy - I would be totally mad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour. So flattering. And a workhorse pattern... they are gold & hard to come by. Looking forward to the next make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of those tops you could have in every colour. The plum really works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)