Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stashing

When one isn't sewing, one often stashes.
The end of the school term isn't the best for sewing, and idle time on the lounge at night often lends itself to stashing. I have worked a number of Fridays recently and have chosen to spend my extra play money on fabric and boots. Bonnet pattern sales have also been quite strong this Northern hemisphere summer, so a lot of PlayPal money has also been donated to online fabric stores. Just because I know you are somewhat interested, I thought I'd show you some of my finds.

This fabric is from The Remnant Warehouse (not online) and it is simply divine! It's a panel print polyester from the designer Bec & Bridge, who I had never heard of before. You can see it made up here in a maxi dress, but I'm thinking it would look hot made into Vogue 1395 for summer. It was a steal at only $5.95 per panel and I just phoned and they have more in stock if you are quick.

Liberty is always high on my shopping list when I have spare money and these three pieces aren't new, but I like 'em. I might look a bit crazy, but the Anne Tyrrell print is my favourite Liberty print ever. I've made two items from this print already, but those styles aren't high in my wardrobe rotation these days, so I purchased another piece :) Is that totally crazy?? I also purchased Tiny Dancer cuz it's so damn cute and my 'pot luck' purchase is the bottom piece of cotton twill/canvas called Childhood Treasures. I really like this fabric. It is thick and stable and more like denim with a little mechanical give. I really want to try making patterned skinnies, but don't think they are in fashion - are they? advice please??

The PlayPal purchase below is from an Etsy quilting fabric store called Pattern Crush. I often fall  in love with quilting company voile and this one doesn't dissapoint. It's called Budquette in Nightfall Gray and designed by Bari J for Art Gallery Fabrics. Won't it make a lovely summer frock, maybe with Simplicity 1654?
Another PlayPal purchase is this awesome Milly border print. I'm yet to recieve this, but am excited just waiting for it.
I have Carolyn to thank for finding this for me. I've wanted this piece of fabric since I saw Heather's Milly frock. This photo is from Carolyn's blog

So that's enough sharing for now. Please let me know what you think about floral skinnies - have I missed this trend?

Now back to my sewing cave to make good use of my holiday time!

16 comments:

  1. Patterned skinnies are totally in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh drat you!!!...you got my Milly!!!!! ;-) I've been stalking that Milly border print online, but too cowardly to buy it, and then what do you know, it sold out. Glad it was you that got it though. Can't wait to see what you will do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is some very fine stashing you have been getting on with! They all look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need more enablers in my life! I'm looking forward to seeing your new frock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I see them? Do you blog or Burda or Pattern Review??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only on IG as alicedavid, and the pic was from a week or so ago.
    I also love the Milly border print, but left my run too late to get some

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you!! I like them. Might have to copy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buys, no wonder you are excited by the border print of red poppies it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabrics, I hope you have a great holiday sewing some up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how fun! I am totally guilty of stashing when I can't sew. But I've used up all my storage space so I'm not allowed to buy anything new!! I love your purchases, especially the poppy print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love, love, love the Poppy fabric! Would you like to share the name of the Etsy shop, please? Thanks x (An)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi An, I only sell one pdf pattern for a baby/child bonnet. The link is https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/littlebettydesigns :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christy, it's a cute bonnet, it's a pitty that I don't have babies anymore. But I was actually wondering what Etsy shop you bought the Poppy fabric? :-) Maybe I didn't understand everything? English is not my mothertongue...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi An, the fabric was from Elliot Berman and they have now sold out :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)